I am an artist/researcher with a twofold practice as walking artist/painter. I am currently a doctoral candidate at the School of Humanities and Performance, Plymouth University. I teach F.E., H.E. and run workshops, and private tuition in painting and drawing. I am a member of artist research group Land2, and the Walking Artists Network.
- 2017: Graduate Teaching Associate, MA Performance Studies.
- 2013-2017: Associate lecturer PCA: BA Fine Art, BA Painting Drawing and Print-Making, Foundation, Short Courses and Young Arts.
- 2013- 2017: Associate Lecturer, King Edward VI Community College, Totnes.
- 1997-99: Lecturer in video production for Plymouth College of Art and Design.
- 1996-97: Lecturer in video production for Plymouth College of Further Education.
- 2016: Transferred to PhD Stage 2, School of Humanities and Performing Arts, Plymouth University
- 2013-2015: MRes-PhD Stage 1. (PG Cert)School of Humanities and Performing Arts, Plymouth University: Grade A
- 2013: BA Fine Art, Plymouth College of Art: BA Hons, 1:1
- 1994: BIPP PQE Video Production, Plymouth College of Art and Design: Distinction
- 1993: BTEC HND Film and Photography, Plymouth College of Art and Design: Merit
- September 2017: Proposal Accepted. A bestiary for the anthropocene ‘Cross, Multi, Inter, Trans’ Biannual Conference of the Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment (UK and Ireland), Land 2, Sheffield
- March 2017: Crossing the Gap: examining the boundary between art practice and everyday life, during illness, bereavement and immobility. Performance. Experience. Presence research group, Plymouth University.
- July 2016: Pecha Kucha. Walking Women weekend of events, Somerset House, London. Walking Artist’s Network.
- March 2016: Fluxes within the studio space: exploring the rhythms and cycles of artmaking and domesticity PEP research seminar, Plymouth University
- January 2016: Paths to painting: how to navigate unstable signs, shifting meanings, and fluid landscapes. Land2 ‘Traffic’ symposium, PCA
- March 2015:. Performance. Experience. Presence research group, Plymouth University.
- March 2014: ResM research presentation, Performance department research seminar, Plymouth University.
- May 2017: Three drawings accepted for ‘Embodied Cartographies, Bath Fringe Festival
- May 2016: Harbour House, ‘Pathways’. Collaborative show
- April 2016: Ariel Centre, Totnes, ‘Crossing England’ solo show
- September 2015: Artmill, Plymouth, ‘Interpretation and Personal Language’, group show
- August 2015: Plymouth Other Open
- March 2014: Dis is Serious, Diss Kollective, group show
- November 2013: Aerial Centre, Totnes, mixed show
- July – December 2013: High Cross House, Dartington, open studio
- November – December 2013: Artmill, Plymouth, Christmas show
- July 2013: Council House, Plymouth. Selected ‘Best in Show’ 2013 graduate work
- August 2013: Artmill, Plymouth, Summer Show
- August – December 2013: Artist’s residency at High Cross House in Dartington, Devon
Painting and Drawing Workshops
- 2004 – 2013: Living Arts and Crafts Gathering, Tangentfield: Community Roots Architecture in Italy, Cambfair, Dance Camp East, Port Eliot Festival
Film and Animation Workshops
- 1993-1996: Clients include: Plymouth City Museum and Plymouth Arts Centre, Winter School of Architecture, Liskeard Youth Centre in collaboration with Cornwall Police
- 1994-97: Freelance film maker. Commissions include: The Way Home – 40 minute documentary for RTE, promotional video for Euphonix, Green Fingers Sticky Toffee – Celtic Film Festival entry for Penwith Council, Winter school of Architecture – short documentary about student architecture event