- Faculty profile link
My practice is concerned with a phenomenological experience of space and place and how this can be translated through a visual arts practice.
Whilst previous work has centered on drawing and sculpture, I now mainly focus on the medium of pinhole photography, using site-specific photographic installations to explore specific places and our experience of them.
Walking is a central to my practice and an important part of the process by which I make work, allowing me to have direct sensory interaction with places, passing through the landscape at a pace that enables me to connect with where I am.
My recently completed MA project looked at the ways that pinhole photography was able to interpret a phenomenological experience of space in non-urban places. This project explored the relationship between time and photographic process and approached photography as both a visual and physical construct.
- MA by Project in Art Media and Design. University of the West of England
- Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media. Bristol School of Art.
- PGCE. Leeds University.
- Bsc Psychology and Sociology. Bath University
- Site Specific Pinhole Installation. Painswick Rococo Garden. Cotswolds.
- Results May Vary. MA Art, Media and Design, Degree show. UWE Bristol.
- Open Photography. Royal West of England Academy. Bristol: Latitude: 51.470598 Longitude: 2.616272 OSGB36 Latitude: 51.367083 Longitude: 2.525805 OSGB36 pinhole photographs selected.
- Autumn Exhibition. Royal West of England Academy. Bristol: Spatial drawings selected. Interval awarded ‘Highly Commended”
- Traces. Motorcade/FlashParade Gallery Bristol
- Installation of spatial drawings. Painswick Rococo Garden. Cotswold’s.
- The Bristol Art Show. Centre Space Gallery. Bristol. Interval selected and winner of the People's Prize
- Open Sculpture Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy. Introspection lll selected.
- Grant Bradley Gallery. Bristol. Group Show.